terms and conditions
Conditions of Sale
In these terms and conditions, ‘The Company’ means Rowebb Ltd trading as Decarock Stone. Registered office: 33-53 Charles Street, Glasgow, G21 2PR – Tel: 0141 548 6010.
‘The Customer’ means any person contacting the company for the supply of products or purchasing products through Decarock Stone website at www.decarock.com. ‘Delivery’ means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly. Prices are inclusive of all charges and VAT. These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director. Submission of a purchase order online will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale. Telephone orders are accepted on the basis you have accepted our terms and conditions.
Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business-to-business basis.
- The customer is fully made aware of the conditions of sale for our goods.
- We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate.
- The company requires any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 7 days of delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 14 days after the complaint has been logged. It must be returned in its original packaging and weighing the correct weight. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price minus the cost to return the goods to us. You are within your rights to return the goods at your own cost. We will advise you of the cost of returning the goods.
- All prices quoted by the company for the sale of any products are all-inclusive and delivered unless otherwise stated.
- Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card/ via Worldpay at the time of ordering.
- All products (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of collection (if so collected) or from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the product from whatever cause arising.
- A VAT invoice will be issued in the name of the customer unless otherwise requested.
The customer has agreed to the terms and conditions for our mode of delivery upon completion of ordering. The customer will receive a Delivery Agreement in the email confirmation of order. This must be signed and returned to the company before order can be dispatched.
The company will make every effort to deliver products on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver, then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the company’s vehicles to the place of delivery.
Deliveries are made using large HGV vehicles and it is the customers’ responsibility to inform the company if there may be an access problem. This will include any road restrictions or roadworks, bridge weight or underpass height restrictions, parking restrictions or charges, narrow lanes or pedestrian crossings with limited times for HGV access etc. Customers should also consider and advise the company of any time restrictions that may apply due to grid-locked traffic if the delivery address is near a school.
If the company, or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred.
When a delivery cannot be made on the due date due to access issues or unforeseen circumstances, the company will attempt a re-delivery at your request for an additional charge. This charge will vary depending on the delivery depot and the customer will be advised of this charge. If you have any queries relating to this or any other issue please call us on 0141 548 6010. This does not affect your statutory rights
In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company is not possible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order. E-mail confirmation of orders request the customer contacts the company if a delivery problem may occur. A Delivery Agreement and a full copy of these Terms and Conditions is enclosed on the e-mail confirmation.
Pallet deliveries will be made to the nearest accessible kerbside to that of the delivery address provided at the time of order, unless otherwise requested.
Delivery vehicles use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasized that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A hand pallet truck is then used to maneuver the products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point.
The driver cannot pull a pallet truck over loose gravel, cobbles, grass or over very high kerbs. It is the customer’s responsibility to move the goods from the kerbside to their property, this is not the responsibility of the driver.
The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer over 18 years old, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery.
All deliveries must be signed for as proof of delivery.
If there are any inconsistencies between the delivery and the expected order, this must be written on the delivery note. If possible, the customer must call and advise the company of any discrepancies whilst the driver is still on-site.
The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery.
The company reserves the right to cancel any order placed. Any such orders will be refunded as soon as practically possible. An email will be sent confirming any such cancelation to the email address supplied when the order was placed.
The customer has the right to cancel any order, however any cancellation must be made prior to dispatch. This means if the product is ordered before 1:00pm this must be cancelled by 2:00pm on the same day. If ordered after 12.00pm cancellation must be made before 4:00pm on the same day.
Cancellations should be made by telephoning 0141 548 6010.
If for any reason the order has to be returned for unwanted, over-ordered or unused items, the customer may return the goods at their own expense to the aforementioned address within 14 days from the day following the day of delivery. All items must be in an unused condition and the packaging must not be damaged for a refund to be issued.
Alternatively, the company can arrange collection of the goods on behalf of the customer. The customer will be liable for this collection charge, and will be advised of the total cost. It is important that the goods are packaged in a safe and secure manner, on a pallet ready for courier collection. If they are not suitable for uplift and transportation, the courier will refuse to uplift them and a charge will be incurred for a failed collection.
Once returned goods have been received by the company, and checked by quality control, the company will raise a credit to the customers’ account or refund monies via the same method of payment used to order the goods originally.
Refunds will not be issued to any third parties.
No refund will be issued for the original delivery charge.
If the customer has received goods that are damaged, incorrectly delivered or similar, the company will replace these goods as no further expense to customer.
The company will arrange for collection of the returned goods from the same kerbside location as originally delivered to.
It is important that the goods are packaged in a safe and secure manner, on a pallet ready for courier collection. If they are not suitable for uplift and transportation, the courier will refuse to uplift them and a charge will be incurred for a failed collection.
Any order amendments must be made before goods are dispatched; you will be notified via email when this has happened. Dispatch may be up to two working days prior to delivery. We are unable to amend orders after dispatch.
Order amendments should be made by telephoning 0141 548 6010.
The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their purchase.
The customer will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation.
Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customer’s responsibility to move the product from the place of delivery to the area of requirement.
The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on company premises.
Working days are Monday to Friday and exclude Saturday and Sundays. These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of Scotland. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within 14 days after delivery and there has been no error on our part, we will refund only the cost of the item. We will not refund the delivery or other add on charges made, should you wish to return the goods at your own cost please contact us to arrange for return labels. Any refund paid will be paid back to the same method of payment.
In accordance with our conditions of sale, it is important to note that our delivery system requires a hard flat area to receive our product. If you are in any doubt that we may not be able to deliver please call Decarock Stone at Rowebb Ltd on 0141 548 6010 for advice. Should we be unable to deliver due to the point of off-loading not meeting the criteria, subsequent return charges will apply.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Rowebb Ltd trading as Decarock Stone /decarock.com collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the Data Protection Laws, which include the Data Protection Act 1998 and any replacement legislation, and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). The Data Protection Laws apply across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those Laws.
The personal information we collect and use
– Information collected by us
In the course of responding to enquiries or fulfilling orders we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
In certain instances, we will collect payment details including bank or card details
– Information collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
Personal details provided to us by a friend or business associate by way of recommendation
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Enable us to provide information you have requested
- Enable us to fulfill your orders and any delivery requirements
- Enable us to respond to any enquiries or queries you raise with us
- Enable us to keep you informed of changes to our products and services including pricing changes and offers
- Enable us to provide you with updates related to activities you have told us your business is engaged in
- Enable us to provide information on areas of that you have told us are of interest to you
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your name and delivery address details with our third-party suppliers, to ensure an efficient nation wide delivery service. For a list of our third-party suppliers please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This data sharing enables us to deliver any goods or services you have ordered direct to you or to the address you have specified and to meet the requirements of any enquiries you have made. We will also share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party. We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the period we are required to do so by UK tax legislation (currently 7 years).
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We collect your personal information in order to supply goods or services or to provide information or reply to enquiries or queries raised by you in relation to goods or services associated with our business. In each instance there will be a contractual relationship in place between us or the personal information you supply will be necessary in order for us to takes steps at your request in anticipation of a future contract.
Under the Data Protection Laws, you have a number of important rights free of charge.
In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please: email email@example.com, call 0141 548 6010 or write to Robert Balloch, 33-53 Charles Street, Glasgow, G21 2PR.
- let us have enough information to identify you e.g. your name, address and an order number,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The Data Protection Laws also give you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on May 2020 and last updated May 2020. We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email and/or post.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rowebb Ltd is a producer and distributor of Decarock Stone to the construction industry. Head Office is at 33-53 Charles Street, Glasgow, G21 2PR. The company employs 27 people across 5 sites; Glasgow, Broxburn, Kilmarnock, Glenrothes and Pitmedden. The company is aware that its activities have an impact on the environment, and makes the following commitments in order to prevent or minimise those impacts:
- Present and future operations will be conducted in a manner that has least impact on the environment.
- Action will be taken to remedy any harm caused by past operations.
- All applicable environmental legislation, regulatory standards and other environmental obligations will be complied with.
- Any changes or new legislation will be monitored and necessary actions implemented to ensure continued compliance.
- Any pollution or potential pollution resulting from company operations will be prevented or minimised.
- Resource consumption, including raw materials and utilities, and waste will be minimised, and the company will be responsible in how waste is disposed of.
- The company will share information and work with customers, partners and the local community to improve environmental performance and demonstrate environmental commitment.
- Materials used will be sourced from suppliers who share the company’s commitment to the environment and who can supply an environmentally acceptable product that meets specification requirements.
- The company will continue to improve its environmental performance year on year, through the setting, monitoring and review of environmental objectives and targets.
- Everyone working for or on behalf of the company will be made aware of this Policy and how The Policy commitments should be complied with.
- This Policy will be available to customers, suppliers and any other interested parties and will be reviewed annually as a minimum.
Robert Balloch, Managing Director, January 2008
Jock Robinson, Commercial Director, January 2008
Catriona Logue, Operations Director, January 2008